Monday, July 29, 2013

The Love of a Child


   The love of a child is best described as unconditional and never ceasing. Being a mom is one of the greatest adventures I have experienced. You never know what is going to happen, you are in charge of another human being, who has their own thoughts, actions and independence. What a ride! I’m lucky enough to be blessed with a loving, caring son who has boundless amounts of energy and love. I call him my little love bug.
 
   Often as a parent, you get to experience their love through the eyes of another person. My love bug and I have a pretty good routine, he comes with me to work in the morning (there is a child care center right next to my office) and I pick him up in the afternoon. We ride home together singing songs, talking about the how blessed we are to live in such a beautiful (yes, he uses that word!) part of the world and the things we see (usually cows, horses and agricultural lands).
 
   On this particular day, he was pretty quiet, so I was pretty
much having a one way conversation, until we reached landmark’s he recognized as being close to grandma’s house. He lit up with excitement. He LOVES grandma and grandpa’s house, it was all he could talk about. Later on that evening, I was talking to “grandma”, aka: my mom, about the love bug and his day. She went on to state she had asked the love bug what he saw on the way home, his response in the most charming and loving way was, “Mommy”. She said the look he had when he said this was one of complete love and care, he was gushing on me! He melts my heart when I hear or see him do things like this. It breaks my heart to know that when he grows up his unconditional love will be broken by others and life. I wonder if we all started out “bright eyed and bushy tailed” and eventually fell a notch or two because of our life experiences.
 
What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment